Thank you for your interest in Delegate Julian Ivey’s 2021 Higher Education Scholarship!
Each year, students are awarded financial resources to assist with tuition to Maryland educational institutions. A recent college graduate himself, Delegate Ivey knows how important it is to have the necessary support and resources to earn your degree.
Along with some other eligibility requirements, students must be planning on attending an in-state institution, with a few exceptions for out-of-state institutions (see below). Please read below for additional information on the scholarship and the required materials needed to apply. The deadline to apply for this scholarship is July 15th, 2021.
- Current high school seniors;
- Current or prospective full-time degree-seeking undergraduate students;
- Current or prospective part-time degree-seeking graduate students;
- Current or prospective full-time degree-seeking undergraduate student;
- Current or prospective part-time degree-seeking undergraduate student; or
- Current or prospective private career school enrollees
- Demonstrate financial need by filing either the FAFSA, or the Maryland State Financial Aid Application for students ineligible for federal financial aid.
- 1 Reference (from a teacher/administrator, supervisor, community member)
- A maximum 500 word essay/personal statement explaining how the student will use their education to benefit their community
- Complete the application form
- All in-state majors are eligible
- You may use this scholarship at an out-of-state school if your major is not available at any Maryland institution and if your delegate agrees. In order to verify your major as unique you must complete the Unique Major Application and submit it to MHEC with the required documentation by July 15, 2021..
- Scholarship can be used at out-of-state institutions if the applicant is on active duty with the U.S Military and domiciled in the State.
- The scholarship may also be used out-of-state if the student is disabled and studying at an institution outside the State that makes special provisions for disabled students that are not available to the applicant at an institution in Maryland.
Contact the Office of Delegate Julian Ivey about the scholarship if you have any questions:
Phone Number: 301-858-3326